Edison Personal Injury Lawyers
Advocating for the people of Middlesex County, New Jersey
Edison, located in Middlesex County, is one of the most populous municipalities in New Jersey. Its rich and diverse culture brings a variety of people and businesses, as well as visitors to attractions like the Thomas Edison museum or the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center. Edison is also home to Middlesex County College and parts of the Rutgers University campus. And, you’ll find Edison on Money Magazine’s list of America’s Best Places to Live.
However, no matter where you live, or how safe or peaceful your community is, accidents can still happen. Sometimes other people, products, or companies are responsible for your accident and injuries. This is where the personal injury attorneys at Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP can help. We offer tough, aggressive representation to those harmed by the careless or negligent behavior of others. Our legal team works to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Protecting innocent victims of NJ accidents
When a person suffers injury due to the negligent or reckless acts of another, the injured party can spend weeks, months, or even years trying to heal. This process costs money, time, and emotional stress. Enlisting the support of experienced legal advisors can help take some of the burden off and allow you to recover.
Of course, nobody ever expects to experience a devastating or catastrophic injury. Unfortunately, they happen every day, in Edison and throughout New Jersey. Our attorneys have decades of combined experience working with personal injury cases, including:
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Birth injuries
- Burn injuries
- Bus accidents
- Car and truck accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Class action and mass tort
- Construction site injuries
- Dog bite accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Train accidents
- Wrongful death
We are compassionate toward our injury clients and understand the difficulties you are going through. And that’s why we will fight aggressively for your rights and work tirelessly to secure you the compensation you are owed. All negligent parties should be taken to task for their reckless and careless behavior that caused you harm.
What types of personal injuries do victims commonly sustain?
No two injuries are alike, and no two people handle the same type of injury alike. What may take one person a month to heal from could take another a year. However, every injury is potentially serious, and some are simply devastating. Following are some injuries that we commonly see in our personal injury practice:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Breaks and fractures
- Soft tissue injuries, like whiplash
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Wrongful death
Catastrophic injuries are especially traumatic. They are in their own category because they cause such significant and permanent injury – such as brain damage, loss of limb, paralysis, or permanent disability.
Wrongful death is the most tragic thing that can happen to your loved one. If your loved one loses his or her life due to someone else’s negligence, look to our attorneys for help.
Things to discuss with your NJ personal injury lawyer
When you or a loved one are injured in an accident, you are likely looking for guidance on how to proceed. After making a consultation with an attorney, you can expect to discuss certain topics about your accident and injuries.
- For example, when did the injury occur or manifest? Here in New Jersey, there is a two-year statute of limitations on filing personal injury lawsuits. Speak to an attorney as soon as possible after your accident to avoid missing this deadline.
- What initial injuries did you suffer at the time of the accident? And further, do you have ongoing issues from the injury, like physical rehabilitation or permanent scarring and disability?
- How about medical bills? Keep track of your doctor visits, costs of prescription medication, treatments, and any physical therapy you receive as a result of your injuries.
- If you’ve had to take time off work to recover from your injuries, you’ve likely lost paychecks and wages. These lost finances can be included in your personal injury case.
- Many accident victims suffer emotional distress or post-traumatic stress disorder, experiencing anxiety, nightmares, or other pain and suffering. Advise your attorney if you are having any of these issues as well.
The legal team at Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP is committed to making you feel comfortable and secure discussing your personal injury case. We’re ready to stand up for you.
Representing Edison visitors and residents in personal injury cases
With three office locations to serve clients throughout New Jersey, our Edison office is located on Ethel Road, easily accessible from major highways like Routes 287, 18, and 27. Edison is about 40 miles from New York City and also accessible by NJ Transit Rail.
Important local phone numbers
There are a few things you can do if you are in an accident in Middlesex County. If you or your loved one are seriously injured, our attorneys can come visit you in the hospital to talk about your case while the details of the accident are still fresh in your mind.
However, your first priority should be receiving medical or police assistance. For police, fire, and medical emergencies, dial 911.
The township website lists the following numbers for Edison police and ambulance information:
- For dispatch of police vehicles for non-emergency calls, call 732-248-7400.
- For fire or ambulance response for non-emergency calls, call 732-248-7500.
Information for local hospitals
- Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Medical Center (Edison)
- RWJ University Hospital (New Brunswick)
- Saint Peter’s University Hospital (New Brunswick)
- Hackensack Meridian Health Raritan Bay Medical Center (Perth Amboy)
- Overlook Medical Center (Summit, NJ)
Important local government offices and information
- Edison Municipal Court is located at 100 Municipal Boulevard, Edison, NJ 08817, off Lincoln Highway. They can be reached at 732-248-7328.
- Middlesex County Court is located in New Brunswick, NJ, on Paterson and Kirkpatrick Streets. Driving directions are here, and you can reach them at 732-645-4300.
- State Board of Medical Examiners Complaint Form (for medical malpractice complaints)
Types of Cases We Handle
Our Edison attorneys handle a variety of cases, including:
|Personal Injury||Auto Accidents|
|Medical Malpractice||All Practice Areas|
Dedicated Middlesex County personal injury lawyers
Our Edison attorneys are proud to represent the people of New Jersey in all matters of personal injury, wrongful death, and medical malpractice. Contact Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP today to speak to an experienced lawyer about your case and find out how we can advocate and fight for you. Call us at 732-777-0100 or fill out our contact form.
Edison, NJ Office
40 Ethel Road
Edison, NJ 08817