Robert J. Banas, Esq.
Robert J. Banas, Esq.
Throughout his legal career, Robert J. Banas has made his mark as a leading attorney combing hard work and dedication with his courtroom skills and presence. Rob began his career as a prominent defense attorney representing large hospital systems, where he honed the skills necessary to succeed in representing severely injured plaintiffs in personal injury and medical malpractice cases. He uses his knowledge of the defense to anticipate and counter defense tactics throughout all stages of litigation and at trial. Since joining Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP, Rob has focused his time on representing victims of medical malpractice, including traumatic brain and birth injuries, wrongful death, motor vehicle and trucking crashes, and defective products litigation. He is an experienced trial lawyer and a fierce competitor that works tirelessly to obtain the best recoveries for his clients.
Throughout his career, Rob has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star as both a Plaintiff and Defense attorney – a distinction given to only 2.5% of lawyers in the State of New Jersey. Rob has also been recognized in Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch and Marquis Who’s Who in America. He has been published in the New Jersey Law Journal on the topics of medical malpractice and professional liability. Rob is an active member of the New Jersey Association for Justice, the American Association for Justice, and the New Jersey State Bar Association Medical Malpractice Committee.
Rob attended Robbinsville High School and then went on to obtain his undergraduate education at The College of New Jersey, where he received his B.S. in Business Management. He then attended law school at Rutgers University School of Law where he received his Juris Doctor. While attending Rutgers Law School, Rob was the Managing Editor of the Rutgers Journal of Law and Religion and participated in Hunter Moot Court. He was awarded the Best Oralist award for his public speaking abilities during law school. While in law school, Rob served as an intern to the Honorable Tonianne Bongiovanni, United States Magistrate Judge for the District of New Jersey. After graduating law school, Robert served as a law clerk to the Honorable Anthony M. Massi, J.S.C., in the Civil Division of the New Jersey Superior Court, Mercer County. He is licensed to practice law in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, as well as the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Rob has obtained a number of great results for his clients including:
- $3,700,000 settlement on a slip and fall down defective concrete stairs resulting in skull fracture, subarachnoid and intraventricular hemorrhage, and facial fractures. Co-counsel with Barry Eichen.
- $1,000,000 settlement for the estate of a client killed in a trucking crash. Co-counsel with Barry Eichen.
- $435,000 settlement for a pedestrian who was struck in a parking lot resulting in a left femur fracture and surgery.
- $250,000 settlement for a client who sustained a traumatic brain injury as a result of a motor vehicle crash.
- $250,000 settlement for client who was involved in a motor vehicle crash resulting in a displaced fracture of the proximal humerus and a dislocated shoulder.
- $225,000 confidential settlement for victim of medical malpractice.
- $125,000 settlement for client involved in a motor vehicle crash resulting in cervical and lumbar herniations. The client underwent one epidural injection.
Areas of Practice
- JD, Rutgers University School of Law, 2015
- Managing Editor of the Rutgers Journal of Law and Religion, 2015
- Hunter Moot Court, 2014
- Best Oralist Award, 2013
- BS, The College of New Jersey, 2012
- Dean’s List
- New Jersey, 2015
- Pennsylvania, 2015
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2017
Prior Work Experience
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Anthony M. Massi, J.S.C., Civil Division, Mercer County Superior Court, 2015-2016
- Intern to the Honorable Tonianne Bongiovanni, United States Magistrate Judge for the District of New Jersey, 2015
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2020 – 2023
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, 2023
- Marquis Who’s Who in America