Skilled New Jersey Personal Injury Lawyers
Representing NJ’s injured
Injuries happen at every moment of every day in the United States. Whether someone suffers a serious injury in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, a reveler is injured in a deck collapse, or a patient is injured at the hands of a physician, all of these are examples of injuries resulting from the negligence of another person. When you sustain an injury in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, our system of civil justice provides a remedy. You can recover damages in the form of compensation for your medical expenses, your pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost wages and other losses.
The comprehensive personal injury law firm in New Jersey of Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP offers aggressive legal representation to people who have been injured because of someone else’s negligence or misconduct. You can schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys to learn more.
What damages are available for personal injury claims?
Personal injury claims are filed by accident victims seeking monetary compensation for their injuries. Each case is unique; however, personal injury damages often include medical costs, loss of income, property loss, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment, and loss of consortium. Injuries caused by accidents can have a significant impact on the lives of victims.
The New Jersey personal injury lawyers at Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP thoroughly evaluate each client’s personal injury claim regarding the physical, emotional, mental, and financial impacts that an injury has had on a victim’s life. If the party responsible for causing your accident displayed particularly heinous negligence or misconduct, you may also be justified in suing for punitive damages.
Common claims involving motor vehicles
New Jersey has a lot of drivers, and a tremendous amount of interstate travel. If you were hurt in an auto accident, we have the resources you want on your side. We routinely handle claims involving:
- Tractor-trailer accidents – If you have been involved in a tractor-trailer accident, investigators may try to make sure that insurance companies are not held responsible for your covering any of your medical expenses. Our personal injury lawyers will seek the optimal financial compensation for your injuries and protect your legal rights.
- Car accidents – Roughly 3.8 million Americans sustain injuries in car crashes that require medical attention each year. Many of these accidents are a result of distracted driving, drowsy driving, or drunk driving.
- Fatal car accidents – When a person dies in a car accident, it is devastating for the family left behind. When the death was due to another person’s negligence, a personal injury lawyer can make sure the negligent person is held responsible.
- Speeding accidents – Speeding is considered an act of negligence and is defined as exceeding the posted speed limit or driving too fast for current road conditions. Car accidents caused by speeding can result in serious, often life-threatening injuries.
- Uber and Lyft accidents – Accident cases involving a ridesharing service such as Uber or Lyft can be extremely complex. Our seasoned accident lawyers have the knowledge and the skill to take on large insurance companies and their legal teams to recover maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Uninsured/underinsured drivers – If you are involved in an accident and the driver who caused the crash does not have insurance, or has very little insurance, it will be difficult for you to collect a fair compensation.
- Dangerous highways – A highway may be considered dangerous if it has poor visibility, no shoulder, cracked pavements or potholes, uneven grade that allows water to puddle and potentially freeze, or is overly congested. Take extra caution when driving on these types of highways. We have a reputation for handling cases where drivers were injured on the NJ Turnpike, as well as other major thoroughfares.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable when sharing the roads with drivers. If you have been injured, jurors tend to have a bias towards motorcyclists, so a personal injury lawyer can help protect your legal rights.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian accidents – More than 150 pedestrians and cyclists are killed each year by drivers who do not give pedestrians the right of way or use caution when sharing the road with bikers. Many of these deaths could be prevented if more people followed the rules of the road.
- Train accidents – Train accidents, railroad accidents, and derailments tend to be catastrophic events that lead to numerous fatalities and personal injuries. If you or someone you love has been injured in any type of train accident, you may be entitled to file a claim to receive compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Bus accidents – Whether you are riding a school bus or a transit bus, accidental injuries from bus accidents can include broken bones, brain injuries, back injuries, neck injuries, and spinal cord injuries. A personal injury lawyer can help you get the financial compensation you need to cover your medical expenses.
Our results for past personal injury clients
While past results never guarantee a similar outcome, these are some of the results that our aggressive, insightful team has generated for our deserving clients:
- $19,100,000 Awarded to Widow of New Jersey Transit Worker Who Died of Job-Related Lung Disease
- $15,000,000 Verdict for Defective Vehicle/Motor Vehicle Accident
- $14 Million Total Value of Recovery in Negligent Security Case Resulting in Stabbing Death after Apartment Robbery
- $10,600,000 Awarded to Woman Injured in Ford Explorer Rollover
- $5.35 Million Settlement for Construction Accident
- $3 Million Settlement for the Estate of Pedestrian Hit by Truck
- $2.5 Million Dollars for Illegal Shooting by Newark Police Officer
Schedule a free consultation with an experienced New Jersey personal injury attorney today
The skilled New Jersey personal injury lawyers at Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP offer free, no obligation consultations to all injured accident victims. Submit an online contact form, or call 732-777-0100 to schedule your no cost case evaluation at one of our three New Jersey offices located in Edison, Toms River, and Red Bank.
What kind of personal injury cases do you handle?
A serious personal injury can cost you almost everything you have. Because the statute of limitations for most injury claims is only 2 years (excluding claims against the government under the Tort Claims Act, which gives you only 90 days), it is important you contact us right away for help if you have been hurt. We handle claims involving:
- Catastrophic injury – Extremely traumatic injuries can cause severe chronic pain, permanent disability, and/or disfigurement. People who suffer brain injury, loss of limb, paralysis, and other life-altering injuries have the right to seek compensation from those responsible for causing their accident.
- Product liability – Manufacturers are liable for products they make available to consumers. Auto defects and other dangerous or defective products such as nail guns and power tools can cause serious injury to consumers. Defective drugs, medical devices, and dangerous consumer products such as talcum powder, which has been linked to ovarian cancer, can also cause serious injury and/or harm.
- Burn injury – Chemical burns, welding burns, electric shock, explosions, and fires often cause devastatingly painful and disfiguring injuries. Victims who suffer burn injuries because of another’s negligence may be entitled to file a personal injury claim against the responsible party.
- Premises liability – Slip & fall injuries, swimming pool accidents, dog bites, and any accidents that occur due to unsafe property conditions are governed by premises liability law.
- Workplace injury – Injured workers may be able to file a third-party lawsuit seeking additional damages for work related injuries. We handle complex construction injury claims for workers and non-employees throughout the state.
- Wrongful death – Family members and/or loved ones of fatal accident victims may have grounds to file a wrongful death lawsuit against a legally responsible party. Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP fight to ensure that those liable for a devastating loss are held accountable for their negligence.