New Jersey Serious Injury Lawyers
Protecting the catastrophically injured throughout the state
Catastrophic injuries from car accidents, truck accidents, workplace accidents, or medical mistakes can result in chronic pain or permanent loss of function that will have a lasting, negative impact on your life. When an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence causes you to no longer be able to enjoy your life without pain and disability, or work to support yourself and your family, you need to consider taking legal action to obtain justice for the hardship you have suffered.
The serious personal injury lawyers at Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP, represent people in New Jersey who have suffered catastrophic injury as the result of another party’s negligence. Our lawyers have more than a decade of experience using the civil justice system to obtain the compensation our clients need to obtain medical care and a measure of financial security following an accident. Our personal injury lawyers offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case, and you don’t pay us until we recover compensation for you.
What is a serious personal injury?
A serious or catastrophic injury is one that causes long lasting and life-altering injuries. A serious injury causes physical, emotional, and financial stress not only to the person who was injured, but also to his or her family and friends. When a person who has played the role of supporting others now needs constant support, medical care and home care, it can put a strain on loved ones.
There are many different types of catastrophic injuries that can cause permanent injury and /or total disability, and may require ongoing medical and nursing care.
Types of catastrophic injuries
The following are examples of some of the types of serious injury cases we handle:
- Amputations: Loss of a limb affects a person both physically and emotionally. With improved prostheses, however, many amputation victims can live full and satisfying lives. While a person who has lost a limb may not be able to resume his or her previous job, there may be other employment opportunities.
- Traumatic brain injury: Few injuries are more devastating to the victim and his or her family than a brain injury. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) symptoms are not always immediately apparent following an accident, which is why medical attention is vital to screen for TBI when there has been head trauma in an accident.
- Child injuries: Some long-lasting effects of a child’s injuries, such as scarring or a limp, will be realities that the child will have to live with. However, aggressive treatments such as physical therapy or reconstructive surgery can make a huge difference in the overall outcome in many cases.
- Paralysis: Paralysis, which can result from spinal cord injury, can change your life completely. However, new treatment options may offer hope of improved mobility in the future.
- Spinal injuries: Spinal injuries such as herniated disks can cause lifelong pain and make it impossible for you to do the things you enjoy. Our New Jersey personal injury attorneys can help make sure that you recover the compensation you need after a serious injury.
- Crush injuries: Crush injuries can occur in motor vehicle accidents or construction accidents involving defective machinery, and can cause permanent disability and disfigurement.
- Burn injuries: Second and third-degree burns that cover much of the body can cause not only scarring and disfigurement, but they can also cause disability when scar tissue forms and limits range of motion at the joints of the body.
What are some of the common causes of catastrophic injuries?
There are many different types of accidents that can cause serious injuries including the following:
What damages are available after a catastrophic injury?
When an injury causes such devastating effects in a person's life, a personal injury claim is how you can obtain justice in the form of compensation for your medical care now and into the future. This may include compensation for your pain and suffering, emotional distress, lack of consortium for your partner, and any other losses resulting from the life-altering injury.
Claims for serious or catastrophic injuries are different because they require complex calculations for the costs of medical care and home care for the patient for the rest of his or her life. We work with specialists who help us to prepare catastrophic life care plans for clients who are left with permanent impairments and who have limited capacity to perform the activities of daily living for themselves.
An experienced New Jersey serious injury attorney can help make sure that you receive all the compensation due to you after a devastating accident has caused you to face the effects of serious injuries for the rest of your life. Most injury claims have a two-year statute of limitations, so it is important to seek counsel quickly.
Dependable results from dedicated New Jersey serious injury attorneys
Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, the New Jersey personal injury law firm has the tenacity and the resources to fight for the compensation you require when your life has been wrecked because of someone else's negligence. The following are a few of the settlements and verdicts we have won on behalf of our deserving clients:
- $19,100,000 Awarded to Widow of New Jersey Transit Worker Who Died of Job-Related Lung Disease
- $18,500,000 Jury Verdict for Chemotherapy Caused Paraplegia
- $14 Million Total Value of Recovery in Negligent Security Case Resulting in Stabbing Death after Apartment Robbery
- $10,600,000 Awarded to Woman Injured in Ford Explorer Rollover
- $9,600,000 Settlement on Obstetrical Malpractice Concerning a Monochorionic Pregnancy
Experienced New Jersey personal injury lawyers fighting for you
To discuss your serious injury with an experienced NJ personal injury attorney at Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP, call our office at 732-777-0100 or contact us online to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available. If you are unable to travel to us, our attorneys will come to you. With offices in Edison , Red Bank, and Toms River, our lawyers help individuals and families throughout New Jersey.