Red Bank Medical Malpractice Lawyers
We represent Monmouth County residents injured from medical negligence
Medical malpractice is one of the most common causes of death in the United States. It’s also one of the most unfortunate accidents or situations a person can suffer – when you visit a doctor or hospital, you are going there to get well, not sicker. Or when you are finally having your baby, and the baby is injured during delivery. You trusted your doctor or OB-GYN – what do you do now?
Medical malpractice is when your doctor or medical professional fails to treat you with the accepted standard of care, and you suffer harm or injury as a result. By law, you have the right to appropriate and proper medical health care from your doctor. If your doctor fails to provide that care, or acts negligently while providing that care – he or she may have committed malpractice and be liable for your injuries and damages.
Some of the local hospitals and medical centers around Red Bank and Monmouth County include:
- Riverview Medical Center, Red Bank
- Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch
- Bayshore Medical Center, Holmdel
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Neptune
- Raritan Bay Medical Center of Old Bridge, Old Bridge
- Additionally, here is the State Board of Medical Examiners Complaint Form (your malpractice attorney can explain this further)
Of course, most health care providers, doctors, or surgeons you see throughout your life are safe and ethical. However, on occasion, negligence occurs, doctors are careless, and mistakes happen. When it happens to you or your loved one, your health and well-being can be negatively affected forever.
With the legal help of the medical malpractice attorneys at Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, you can fight back. We represent victims of medical negligence and hold medical professionals accountable when their mistakes harm you, your child, or someone you love.
Common malpractice claims in Monmouth County
Our Red Bank attorneys have decades of combined experience in medical malpractice, as well as a long record of success, with millions of dollars in damages secured for clients. Every case is unique and different, but there are a few typical types of malpractice cases:
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose. When a doctor makes the wrong diagnosis, or misses a diagnosis completely, a patient may receive improper treatment or delay in treatment. This can result in the patient becoming more ill, becoming injured by treatment, or even dying.
- Birth injuries. Both mother and child can suffer from birth injuries, and they can happen any time during pregnancy and childbirth. These injuries can lead to complications like spinal injury, cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, oxygen loss, traumatic brain injury, permanent disability, and maternal hemorrhage.
- Prescription and medication errors. Medication errors can happen when a patient is given the wrong dosage, the wrong medication, or is given the medication without proper information or consent. Responsibility for medication errors can be anyone from a nurse to the pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Anesthesia errors. When administered improperly, anesthesia can cause injury or death. Anesthesiologists must be aware of a patient’s medical history and allergies, be correctly trained in administering the sedative, and monitor the patient at all times while the patient is unconscious.
- Surgical errors. One of the more well-known types of malpractice, surgical errors run the gamut from leaving a foreign object inside the body to causing an infection by using improperly sanitized tools. Surgical errors also include wrong-site surgery.
If you’ve suffered injury and harm due to malpractice, schedule a no-cost consultation with our office to discuss your options.
Who is liable for my injuries from medical malpractice?
Victims of medical negligence in Red Bank may be wondering who is responsible for their injuries. It’s not just your general physician who can commit malpractice. Just about any health care professional (or organization) can commit malpractice, including:
- Nurse practitioners
- Walk-in medical clinics
Our lawyers are committed to standing up for the rights of the injured, and when we fight for you, we go all in. We dedicate our team and our resources to finding out just who is responsible and liable for your injuries. Learn more about our record of verdicts and settlements.
How can a Red Bank malpractice attorney help my case?
Medical malpractice law is extremely complex. It requires a deep knowledge of malpractice law, extensive experience, and a great attention to detail. Our attorneys are well-versed in this type of law, and will walk you through the process, answering all of your questions and keeping you informed.
Ensure you speak to an attorney as soon as possible after you discover your injury, as New Jersey law puts a two-year statute of limitations on malpractice claims. If you believe you or a loved one have suffered injury from medical negligence, contact an attorney quickly before the deadline expires. They can explain the statute of limitations to you in detail.
When the legal team at Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow partners with you on your case, they dedicate themselves to crucial tasks like:
- Evaluation and guidance on your case by attorneys who specialize in malpractice
- Detailed and thorough investigation of the situation to determine liable parties
- Arranging expert testimony and witnesses
- Negotiating and handle insurance companies on your behalf
- Advocating for you during negotiations and in the courtroom
Even what appears to be the smallest medical error can cause an injury that stays with you forever. If a member of the medical community causes you harm, count on us to help. We dedicate ourselves to securing you the financial compensation you need to move through this difficult time, pay your bills, and attempt to find closure.
Can I collect damages in my NJ malpractice case?
In a successful medical malpractice case, you are eligible to recover three types of damages – economic, non-economic, and punitive.
- Economic damages. These compensate the victim for tangible financial losses – medical bills, lost wages and paychecks, and other expenses like physical therapy, home renovations for adaptability, and prescription medication.
- Non-economic damages. These cover the intangible damages from an injury, like emotional distress, pain and suffering, or loss of enjoyment of life.
- Punitive damages. Sometimes a party’s negligence was so careless or dangerous, the court may also award punitive damages. These are designed to punish the guilty party as well as publicly deter future negligent conduct. Note that New Jersey puts a cap on punitive damages – they cannot exceed five times compensatory damages or $350,000 (whichever is more).
Types of Cases We Handle
Our Red Bank attorneys handle a variety of cases, including:
|Personal Injury||Auto Accidents|
|Medical Malpractice||All Practice Areas|
Honest, experienced Red Bank medical malpractice lawyers
At Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP our medical negligence attorneys have been advocating for injured patients and their families for more than a decade. We are not afraid to hold doctors or hospitals responsible when their negligent behavior causes harm to you or your loved ones. Call our office for a consultation at 732-384-1331 or fill out our contact form.
Red Bank, NJ Office
Red Bank NJ 07701