New Jersey Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers
Signs Of Nursing Home Abuse And Neglect
Long-term care facilities exist precisely to provide care for those who cannot care for themselves. Unfortunately, many residents of nursing homes and assisted living facilities experience negative effects of abuse or neglect. Some are injured, some become ill and some die prematurely. It is often family members who investigate and speak up on their behalf.
It is naturally distressing when you suspect that your elderly or disabled family member has been subjected to nursing home neglect. But how can you be sure? How can you determine whether nursing home injuries were unavoidable or were the result of negligence or even deliberate abuse? The fact that you suspect that something is wrong is a very good reason to contact a New Jersey nursing home negligence attorney.
Our New Jersey personal injury law firm represents nursing home residents and their families in cases of demonstrated neglect and abuse. Our experience has given us an understanding of often-telltale signs of nursing home abuse and neglect, such as:
- Elopement or wandering off (which could indicate a nursing home’s failure to monitor at-risk residents)
- Malaise (which could indicate over-medication or malnutrition)
- Unexplained bruises (which could indicate assault is going on)
- Unexplained infections (which could indicate that personnel fail to wash hands and exercise other sanitary practices, or may mean there are diagnosed and untreated bedsores)
- Unexplained fractures (which could indicate a fall occurred due to the staff’s failure to monitor or prevent a fall from bed)
Our New Jersey Injury Law Firm Handles Nursing Home Abuse And Neglect Cases
If your elderly or disabled loved one has suffered a serious injury in a nursing home in New Jersey and you suspect neglect or abuse has occurred, you naturally want to see the abuse end. Your loved one may need compensation for medical bills, as well. You or the injured elderly or disabled person may also be entitled to compensation for mental anguish. Talk to a trial lawyer at Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP, to discuss your and your loved one’s situation.
From offices in Edison, Red Bank and Toms River, our lawyers advise and represent clients in medical malpractice and personal injury litigation matters throughout New Jersey. Call Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP at 732-777-0100 or contact us online to arrange a free consultation with an experienced New Jersey nursing home negligence lawyer.