Medical malpractice is negligence by a health care provider where the provider’s act or omission falls below acceptable professional standards and causes injury or death to the patient. It typically involves a medical error or preventable adverse effect of medical care, including inaccurate or incomplete diagnosis or treatment of a disease, injury, or other ailment. Any healthcare provider can be liable for medical malpractice and plaintiffs can file malpractice lawsuits against physicians, hospitals, surgeons, dentists, nurses, medical technicians and support care providers. When you or a family member is the victim of a medical mistake you need a team of experienced New Jersey medical malpractice lawyers. The New Jersey personal injury law firm of Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow & McElroy, LLP, are the right attorneys to have at your side.
Examples of Medical Malpractice
A medical malpractice case can be filed in New Jersey for many reasons:
- Failure to Make a Diagnosis – failure to identify serious illnesses, such as cancer, despite regular examinations
- Misdiagnosis – an incorrect or inaccurate diagnosis
- Carelessness in clinical care – acts or omissions in basic or emergent patient care
- Surgical errors – removal or operating on wrong organ, leaving foreign objects within the patient
- Birth injuries – failure to detect and treat preventable or repairable gestational injuries or illnesses; cerebral palsy resulting from failure to detect oxygen deprivation; injuries from the use of physical force, such as inappropriate or careless use of forceps
- Medication errors – administering the wrong medicine or prescription errors
- Nursing home neglect – negligent or abusive care of the elderly.
Call the New Jersey Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow & McElroy, LLP
Our New Jersey medical malpractice lawyers understand the complexities of malpractice lawsuits. We work with highly qualified medical experts who will study the details of your case and provide the expert testimony required to prove the extent of your injuries. We have the resources available to follow through on a difficult case to a successful outcome. With three convenient locations – Edison, Toms River and Red Bank – we serve clients throughout New Jersey. Call us today at 732-777-0100 to schedule a free consultation or submit an online inquiry.Posted in: Uncategorized